Welcome to Friendship Force of the National Capital Area. We are affiliated with Friendship Force International. Learn more about Friendship Force International.
On this site you can find information about:
- our club and its members,
- our calendar of activities, (also, scroll down this page to see a list of planned activities)
- past journeys,
- future journeys,
- materials from presentations and workshops,
- how to join,
- our bylaws, and
- information on how to contact us.
Our club covers a large geographic area, including the:
- District of Columbia;
- Virginia and Maryland suburbs; and
- Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia.
We welcome members throughout this area and schedule events with the dispersed nature of our membership in mind.
Plans for Future Events
October 27-November 2: Inbound journey from Seattle. Karla Timmons and Margie Johnston are the is journey coordinators.
- Oct. 27– Welcome lunch at a Marina —open to all on October 27; signup by October 15th.
- Oct. 30–Halloween (costume optional) ghost stories hike in Old Town (10:00 a.m.) and lunch at Gadsby’s tavern (1:30 p.m.) open to all. Signup will be coming.
- November 1–Farewell Party at Blues Night Westminster Presbyterian Church 400 I St NW 6:00 p.m. soul food dinner and music.
- More details on other activities will be coming soon.
November: Annual Meeting — we hope this will be in person. More details in the fall.